Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two new series on jelssie

For those of you who haven't seen me in a while or don't read my personal blog, I joined Jenny Craig right before Christmas last year because I knew I had to lose weight. And I have. And I've got a few kgs to go.

When I first started, it was all about losing the weight. But now, I've realised it's more than just that. It is committing to a healthy lifestyle and all that it entails. So even though much of what I want to say relates to weight loss, I am careful in how I use that phrase because:
  1. In my case, it's not just weight loss, but fat loss that I'm really after.

  2. I want to remind myself it's not just about the weight, but about being healthy in mind and body, and how that makes you feel.
I've learnt a lot during the whole process and I'd like to share with you some of those things. I was most surprised by how much mental stuff and mental change goes on when you're committing to a healthier lifestyle change. I introduce to you, the two new series:

Fight the binge!
The first series I am calling Fight the binge! As I examined why I was living an unhealthy life, I learnt that I have a tendency to compulsively overeat or binge eat. Here I want to share the mental changes I'm making in this area.

Healthy Life/Mental Changes
In this series, I want to talk about the mental changes I needed to make to reach my goal of being healthy.

These two may overlap at times. I hope the things I share will be helpful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Elsie, I agree it's about a healthy life.
    I've noticed in the last few years even for myself as a little person, that not regular exercise and for me gaining a few kgs has combined into - bad posture , sore backs alll the time cos there's no muscle strength, not healing, and general grumpiness, and bad daily routines. I find when I'm exercising I feel so much better. but I'm lazy and the whole Idea of the gym really really puts me off. I love walking. but the darkness and dodginess of the local suburb puts me off too.

    ReplyDelete