Monday, May 24, 2010

From the email archives.

From: Jess Green

Sent:
Thursday, 7 May 2009 11:58 AM

To: Elsie; Anna

Subject: "I want diversion!"


I complained to Anna just this morning.

And then I read this on Challies (while having a little diversion break after briefing ads.)

"The compulsive search for diversion is often an attempt to escape the wretchedness of life. We have great difficulty being quiet in our rooms. … Cyberspace may be the greatest temptation yet offered to humanity to lose its soul in diversion." This was written 12 years ago. Before even Twitter and "ambient awareness".

Oh no! I knew there was some underlying danger and I was about to form a theory, but this guy beat me to putting it into words.

[from the days before jelssie, when all our profoundness was in private emails. jelssie turns 1 year old tomorrow!]

No comments:

Post a Comment