Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creating a wee bit more room in the freezer

My flatmate and I are avid bread collectors. The top shelf of the freezer section of our 480L fridge is currently devoted to bread alone (the special on Bürgen bread at the local supermarket might have something to do with that). It can make rearranging items in the fridge a bit like a game of Tetris.

So here's my tip on creating that little bit more room in the freezer. When you have a few half eaten loaves and you want to keep them separate from each other, the rest of the bread bag is a bit useless and hogs up precious space.



So I get out my scissors and give them all a lil snip.



And now, they're easier to fit in the freezer, and you don't have the top part of the bread bag taking up space.



I apply the same principle to big chip packets. When you're 3/4 of the way through a large packet of chips, why reach all the way down it and risk dirtying your sleeves? Just snip across it, and you have a shallower packet to eat from :)

5 comments:

  1. Who cares about dirty sleeves? Just eat the chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very clever.

    Speaking of bread specials, I saw that the coles catalogue has a voucher you can clip to get your Burgen for only $3, or something very cheap. But I already have bread everywhere, and it takes up so much space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $3 a loaf is great value! I bought it at $4 and I was happy! Ok, will need to find more freezer space. Thanks for the heaps up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought another 2 loaves! So I have a total of nearly 4 full loaves (and some leftovers)! This is crazy for one person. I have freezer space at work :) except stuff in there for too long tastes funny. I will keep one loaf them and cram another loaf at home.

    Thanks so much for letting me know. Let me know if you spot any more!

    ReplyDelete