Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Roll up for travelling.

Here is a very useful method for space-saving in suitcases, or drawers and closets or storage bags, etc.

Instead of folding towels, and stacking them in my shelf, I fold them in half lengthwise and then roll them up. Laziness? Yes, but also more efficient when you need to pull one out, you don't have to lift the whole pile.

When I pack my backpack for a weekend, I also sometimes roll my clothes - to prevent fold lines, mostly, and it is very quick.

Well, here is a tutorial on how to pack a carry-on bag for 10 days away. Aside from the fact that nobody needs that many swim-suits, her technique is amazing. She fits an extra 30% in with rolling compared to folding. I've seen this article linked in a few places and I think we all need to give it a burl for our next holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Or, you can just bring a hoodie!

    http://www.youtube.com/user/conceptualdevices#p/a/u/1/-9wxaZj9cJM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of lay-everything-flat-with-as-little-folds-as-possible. But I am open-minded. I will consider this new method of yours!

    ReplyDelete