Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to dry your wet sneakers

Emma and I were chuffed to be part of Carl's autumn beach run at North Cronulla this morning. Conditions were great, and the ocean breeze was warm (you should join us next time!).

However, we got wet sneakers in the process. I mentioned to her how I'd have to use the hairdryer to dry my sneakers before my run tomorrow morning. She told me to stuff my sneakers with scrunched up newspaper instead. The newspaper absorbs the water from the sneakers. What a great way to save on electricity. I'd suggest you change the newspaper on a regular basis (maybe hourly?), so you can be constantly absorbing the moisture from your sneakers.

If you don't have the time, go the hairdryer. Of course, a hot, sunny day would be ideal to dry your sneakers, but if you got them wet outdoors, it's likely to have been a rainy day.

2 comments:

  1. The other thing you can do if your dryer has a rack is place them on the rack (remove excess dirt first!) and turn on the airing cycle. I've done this once or twice, but usually I don't get the problem of wet sneakers since I don't exercise much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dryers can have racks?! I must ask you about this next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete