Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wrapping.

If you are not a member of my family, I will wrap your present in wrapping paper.

Gift wrap takes up a lot of space, though. Long rolls are better value, but annoying to store, and I also have a few pieces of paper lying around I am reusing from other gifts. It is just not efficient. So I have decided to phase out all my current supplies of paper, and replace it with one roll of brown paper, and some different ribbons. Brown paper is extremely versatile and stylish, it works for women, men and Christmas presents, but I suppose it might not work for wedding presents and little girls who only like pink. Whatever. Anyway, a big bow will fancy it up.

The beauty of the plan is in the simplicity of storage and the elimination of choice. The initial outlay should be fairly economic, in a bulk roll of paper and some bulk rolls of ribbon.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not strongly committed either way. I'll just buy what I find and feels nice. Sometimes you can get a bit of a stripe pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope nope nope! SILVER is the way to go! Its by far the most versatile! Wedding, baby shower, kitchen tea, birthday, boys or girls. Brown paper is so 1920s Depression Era Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, you blogged it!

    Another plus about brown paper wrapping is that it is quite ordinary and plain so makes the discovery of what's inside more delightful.

    ReplyDelete