Saturday, September 18, 2010

I love short hair

I am going to sing the praises of short hair.

When it comes to hair, I go through phases. I like my hair really really long or really really short. I dislike it in-between. It usually drives me nuts.

My hair is quite short now. This is what I like about it:

- So much easier to wash. No more long strands getting tangled in my hands while shampooing, no more longs strands to pick up after your shower.

- So much quicker to wash.

- So much less product (shampoo/conditioner) to use.

- So much easier to dry. I grab a towel and give my hair a good shake and I'm done.

- So much easier to comb/brush. I can use a lot less pressure to comb/brush my hair because there's a lot less of it to brush

- No need to tie it up.

- It doesn't get in the way of my food/drink (I confess, this was a pretty big reason for me cutting it :P)

- It's all healthy because yucky split ends have been cut off.

I LOVE SHORT HAIR!

Although to be absolutely fair, since there is now no hair covering the nape of my neck, I feel the cool breeze a lot more. I guess if you're a man, you're probably used to it. That's probably the only thing I dislike (if you could call it that) about short hair.

5 comments:

  1. The down side of short hair is keeping it short!

    What I like about long hair:

    - You don't have to keep cutting it the way you do with short hair.

    - If you flip it over your shoulder, it stays there (and doesn't drift into your food!)

    - You can tie it up for hot days to keep it off your face and neck.

    - It keeps you warm on cold days.

    - If you're into fancy hairdos, you can do all sorts of interesting things with it--braids, buns, pigtails, etc.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long hair has its perks too. I'm sure I'll be saying "I looooove long hair" in four years time :)

    However, I still aim to get my hair cut every three months regardless of length. I'm starting to think I need to get it cut more often than that though because three months isn't enough to keep split ends at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen, and I've been growing my hair longer for about a year. Long hair is more versatile. But I'm starting to find it heavy. I don't think I will survive summer, swimming and everything, without cutting it back a bit.

    Split ends are a bit to do with dryness. Rubbing extra conditioner into the ends helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/24/fashion/24Mirror.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karen. That challenged my assumption that I would cut my hair at a certain age! Now I feel like being counter-cultural.

    ReplyDelete