Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Girls of Slender Means Tool Kit.

I have a small black bag of tools. These are the things I use to patch up my stuff.
  • Wire
  • Wire cutters
  • Adjustable wrench.
  • Blue-tak
  • Glue.
  • Stanley or craft knife.
  • A set of tiny screwdrivers.
Wire and wire cutters are more useful than you think. I use pieces of wire to hang curtains off, make hooks and washing lines, and other random makeshift things.

Blue-tak and glue are the easiest fixers in most cases. I've repaired my bathroom cabinet with glue.


The adjustable wrench is for taking apart the bed when I move house.

Tiny screwdriver sets are handy when you want to take apart your TV remote, or something. I don't have a big screwdriver set, but the little ones are good.

A hammer is optional, because I have no opportunities to hammer nails into my rental property walls, and sometimes you can hammer things with other heavy items. I recently needed one for craft though, so I might buy one.

Cooking oil is just as good as other oil, for squeaky doors etc.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a good tool kit... oh baby... http://www.sidchrome.com.au/product/7367/115-piece-14-12-38-drive-tool-kit-metric-af

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, I don't know how to use most of those!

    ReplyDelete