Saturday, September 11, 2010

Christian community

One of the things I find most encouraging about being part of the Christian community is how willing people are to help when you need it, even if it's helping a stranger.

I have been really encouraged this week by brothers (and a sister) who were quick to help a friend of mine move, even though most of them had never met her before. Now she was of slender means, so needed all the manpower she could muster to help with the move.

I was encouraged that these helpers were willing to give up part of their Saturday to do this (Saturdays were so precious to me as a worker), be so good-natured and kind about it and not expect anything in return.

And the especially great thing about having brothers to help? They are physically stronger and more able to lift heavy items than us womenfolk. I can still lift stuff, but it's just so much easier for men.

I'm so thankful to God for his provision of willing and able helpers!

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (ESV)
John 13:35

No comments:

Post a Comment