Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hand-me-down vs new.

I need a washing machine.

I've previously had a string of either free, cheap or flatmate-owned machines. It's been good. But I think my luck has run out.

WMs are hard to scrounge when you need one; people tend to keep them till they die, whereas they update couches which are OK and TVs which still work (so if anyone has a spare TV I'd like one of those too) but I think my chances of finding a bargain/free washer quickly are slim.

So I have to spend proper money on a worldly possession which will decrease in value and break down and be inconvenient to move house with. I am so hardened by Sydney flatting that I see every possession as a burden. But, I'm rather looking forward to a new machine which washes really well. Clean is good.

4 comments:

  1. You could always rent one. Also, if you buy, you can sell it later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you also asked on facebook ? someone might have one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a giant spare TV sitting in our living room. It's not digital. My f'mate thinks she will sell it. I can ask her if you like. I'm sick of it taking up what is limited space already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? Ask her how much she wants for it, if she wants to get rid of it. Thankyou.

    I'm half tempted to go without a TV, but I'm not sure I'm that strong.

    A lot of people are upgrading to digital so sometimes I see them on the roadside.

    ReplyDelete