Friday, September 17, 2010

Silicone bakeware

I am going to sing the praises of silicone bakeware.

I eat a lot of vegies. At the moment, my favourite thing is to grill them under the grill function in the oven. Nearly every day. I was lining my baking tray with baking paper (to make washing up easier) to grill my vegies. I started going through lots of baking paper and thought, "This is ridiculous."

Well, a roll of baking paper costs about $4 and you can get a silicone mat for $5. You do the math.

I will eventually switch over to silicone bakeware instead of lining my tins with baking paper. It is so worth the money you spend on silicone bakeware because you will save heaps in baking paper, especially if you do a lot of baking.

But now I have a new roll of baking paper, so what do I do with it if I make the switch?

3 comments:

  1. Silicon bakeware also makes removing muffins from the holes much easier.

    Just make the switch after you use up all your baking paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put it between layers of stuff like brownies, in tupperware, for fridge or freezer. So no sticking.

    or give it to me! I use it for sewing.

    ReplyDelete