Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The cost of fruit & veg

I've turned into one of those people who gets really excited by the price of fruit and veg. I know which friends I can have conversations about current prices. I think I must have picked it up from my mum and grandma because they always talk about the price of groceries. I also follow Providore1 on twitter to find out what's happening with fruit and veg prices.

So this week's price excitements are:
- English spinach $3 for 3 bunches
- Beetroot 99c bunch
- Navel oranges 99c/kg
- Packham pears 99c/kg
- Bananas $1.48/kg (reasonable)
- Broccoli 99c/kg
- Small Kensington pride mangoes 5 for $5
- Enoki mushrooms 3 x 300g for $6

Last week carrots were 79c per kilo bag!

I suppose this is what happens when you don't have a car and the price of petrol is irrelevant: you watch the price of fruit and veg instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment