Thursday, February 11, 2010

Position Vacant: Valentine.

This temporary position, starting on the 14 February 2010 and finishing on the 15th of that same month, is ideally suited to a single man of good faith.

The applicant must possess good communication skills, an eye for the colour red, and a willingness to make a girl feel special. Displays of chivalry much appreciated.

Send your application by email to jelssie@fastmail.fm. Each application should include a 50 word description of your proposed Valentine tribute.

Applications close 9am on 13th February 2010.

If no suitable applicant is found, the position will be awarded to Elsie's mars bar slice in heart-shaped tin.

5 comments:

  1. Is there a possibility for a continued position based on performance after the aforementioned trial period or not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I don't know how to answer that, but here goes:

    The position of Valentine is strictly temporary, however suitable applicants may consider applying for a longer-term position.

    Long term positions may include:

    Bug-killer
    Jar opener
    Heavy furniture mover
    Shopping bag carrier
    ... and many other exciting opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. Well unfortunately I am taken (you can ask Elsie about the wonderful girl, or your boss if you are still at Matthias Media), though if I find any good applicants I will send them your way and let them know the terms of the position.

    And I was only talking about you but an hour ago with Mum. I just got back to Dubbo, and we were going through all the people she used to know and where they all are now.

    (And now I wonder if you have worked out who I am and how I know your mother. Though, to be fair, it can't be any worse as when your mother came up to me at Women's Convention one year and expected me to recognise her. I did place who she was soon enough, but I'm not that good.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of my life! I am always behind the times!!

    I am just the man, but the day has gone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete