Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fringe issues.

By fortunate chance I was asked to model for a Toni and Guy trainee, as I was walking through the shops after work a few weeks ago. It was hair-washing night anyway, so a free wash and blow-dry was a good offer. Trainee and I swapped numbers in case she needed me again, and I got another free hairstyle last night. I don't know much about hair, so I took the opportunity to pump her for information on why some perms are frizzy, how to get hair off from wrapped around a round brush, and who can have fringes. Fringes are all about the forehead:

  1. Tall foreheads can have any kind of fringe, and they often look great with a front fringe, which grows straight down. I don't have a tall forehead, but even if I did I've got one of those cow-licks, and fringes don't grow straight.
  2. Short foreheads don't suit a front fringe. But you can do a side fringe, one of those flicky fringes like on Grey's Anatomy.
Anyone with any forehead can have a flicky fringe. But it is the more annoying fringe because you have to keep flicking it back out of your eyes.

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure I needed the information you have provided Jess.

    My next visit,sometime this year,to my friendly neighbourhood barber will mean I go with a whole new range of possibilities never before considered.

    Could you advise what measurement determines the difference between a TALL and a SHORT forehead. I am sure my Greek barber will require this information!

    Let's face it I am a fringe dweller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to claim that even those with short foreheads can pull off the front fringe...its a matter of starting the fringe from further back on the head, giving the impression that it is equally as lengthy as that long foreheaded girl sitting next to you with the awesome bangs.

    ...And for those sporting the side flicky fringe, a simple tease at the roots of the fringe will keep it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Taire, I was wondering about creating the illusion of a tall forehead with a thicker "taller" fringe. Probably more hair would help hold down the cow-lick too.

    ReplyDelete