Thursday, February 18, 2010

Clueless part 2.

There were many helpful suggestions to my Clueless clothes post, thankyou for your comments. It made me realise that there are a lot of factors to consider when deciding what to wear, and a card or rotation system doesn't cover all factors.
  • Mood
  • Weather
  • Matching and coordinating (but not matching too much, that is called 'matchy-matchy')
  • How fat I feel
  • How much is in the washing basket
The other solution I have been considering for the last 3 years is creating a "uniform", by buying a bunch of same colour shirts and same colour skirts and trousers. Here is the beauty of the uniform:
  • It removes much of the decision making process
  • Since you don't need variety, your "uniform" will take up less room than all the other clothes you normally choose between.
  • You can rewear the same clothes and nobody notices.
The last point is significant. It seems to me that everybody rewears their clothes once or twice, but everybody tries to hide the fact that they rewear clothes by sneakily alternating their outfits. That's how I do it, anyway. So my bedroom always has half-dirty clothing draped off draws and door handles, waiting for their 2nd turn to be worn. With a uniform, I can rewear my clothes the very next day, and nobody will know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment