Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Clueless.

At the moment, I find getting dressed an uninspiring chore. My clothes are boring. I have no interest in wearing any of them. The end result is hard to evaluate anyway because there are no full length mirrors in my new place.

One of these days I am going to take Elsie's suggestion and photograph all my clothes in matching outfits. Inspired by the Clueless movie wardrobe software. Then I can print the outfits on cards, and randomly select a card each day. Maybe put weather symbols on the back of the cards so I pick something weathering.

11 comments:

  1. At least you needn't worry about:

    1. corsets
    2. having to get your clothes especially fitted
    3. making sure your hairdo (or your braces) matches the outfit

    unless there is something you're not telling us... :-) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was MY idea?! I have these great thoughts and you're there to remember them :) We make a great jelssie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen are you making fun of orthodontics or suspenders? Orthodontics are sensitive point around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My great idea for clothes choosing is an eight day cycle. You have eight outfits and just put the next one on each day. No choosing, just wearing.
    Eight is essentially a random number, but it prevents wearing the same clothes twice in a row to weekly events like church or Bible study. You can also wear something unusual or weather appropriate and then jump straight back into the cycle.
    I haven't put this into practice yet, but you have to admit it's good in theory.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. One outfit for the week,worn each day. When taking my weekly shower the outfit can be washed too. Very environmentally friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks for that helpful suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Jess. Apparently my jokes don't come off very well in blogs. Must try better (or not at all :-)).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tangentially related: Wii game from Project Runway: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/04/fashion/04ROW.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Project Runway has passed me by. But apparently they make clothes out of vegetables? It must be good TV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooooooooooooooooooooove Project Runway!

    ReplyDelete