Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Underrated: entertainments.

1. Going to the movies by yourself. Organising a group turns it into a hassle, sometimes. If you want to go see (A Lame Vampire Movie), just go on your own one cheap Tuesday or random Saturday. Added bonus, you can enjoy guilty pleasure movies in secret.

2. Local theatre. In particular, local musical theatre societies. For the price of 1 ticket to a big spectacular show like Wicked, you can see four local shows. The production values are obviously less, but that is an enormous part of the charm! Next in my diary is Disney's Beauty and the Beast at Rockdale in September.

3. A cheap surprise. Spend little or no money on something not normally up your ally. I can highly recommend The Beatnix, for example. Rob Smith is playing with them this weekend, at Bankstown I think. Or be in a TV show audience (like one of the dancing shows or quiz shows).

5 comments:

  1. Yup. I rate going to the movies yourself. Done that a few times & don't mind it. Just some me time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* alley, not ally.

    Only been to the movies solo twice, I think. I'd much rather go with a friend (though I'm happy to watch DVDs at home by myself).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, how unfortunate. If I had an ally that mistake would have scared them away. Will remember for the future. Like when I learned the different spelling of bowl and bowel, in ceramics class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's probably a whole flickr project to be done, devoted to misunderstandings that spring from spelling ambiguities in ceramics classes.

    ReplyDelete