Saturday, July 10, 2010

Conversations with a six-year-old boy

One
Boy: Are you too young?

Me: Too young for what?

Boy: Too young to get married?

Me: How old do you have to be to get married?

Boy: 30?

Me: How old do you think I am?

Boy: 26?

Me: I know some people who get married at 20, 21. How old will you be when you get married?

Boy: I'll be 21 when I get married!

Me: How will you know who to marry?

Boy: God will give you someone to marry.

Me: But how?

Boy: You just bump into them!

Two
Boy: Why don't you have a car?

Me: Because cars are expensive.

Boy: You could get a cheap car.

Me: (chuckles) Cars are troublesome. You have to fill them with petrol, check the tyre pressure, get them serviced, clean them regularly-

Boy: You could get a servant to clean it for you!

Me: Where would I get a servant from?!

Boy: My mum! She's really good at cleaning cars!

Me: So I should ask your mum to clean my car for me?

Boy: Yes!

Three
Boy: Why don't you have a husband?

Me: Can you find one for me?

Boy: (to mum) Mum! Where did you meet dad?

3 comments: