Friday, July 30, 2010

The slippery sleeve.

Yesterday Jess Jo statused on Facebook about how she wished there was an invention for holding your sleeves down when you put a jumper on. Nothing more annoying than the light layers bunched around your elbows under your coat sleeves.

I have invented that invention!

I haven't made it yet, because I only thought of it while walking to work this morning, but I shall describe it to you. You get some slippery material, satin like a skirt lining or polyester like a parachute tracksuit. Maybe you even have a parachute tracksuit hanging in your wardrobe you could use for this purpose.

You make a tube (or use the arm of your parachute tracksuit), so you have an arm sleeve without a body. Have both ends open. It should slip on your arm without pulling your sleeves up. Cut a hole in one end for your thumb to stick through.

Then, when you are wearing a slippery sleeve on each arm over the top of your skivvy sleeves, put on your jumper. In theory, the slippery sleeves allow the fabric to travel smoothly over your arms without pulling up your sleeves. The thumb holes will keep the slippery sleeves in place.

Finally, pull the slippery sleeves out via the wrists!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! My FB status is featuring on Jelssie! :D

    It took me a while to get this invention - but hey, it might work! Try it out like you did with your socks & let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see if I can find some stuff to do it on the weekend. Then i can book a spot on the New Inventors.

    ReplyDelete