Monday, July 19, 2010

Someone a little bit like me.

I think the more obscure your obsessions are, the more delightful it is to find someone who shares it. Like, who cares about Mr Darcy? He's so mainstream. A Mr Darcy obsession is as common as muck. But a Captain Wentworth fan, or a Henry Tilney fan, is a rare and special creature. A little while ago at the Twist music weekend I found a girl who loves weatherzone. We were practically hugging each other and screaming "there's a little windmill when it's windy!" and "you can change the colour!". An obscure obsession is so bonding.

4 comments:

  1. I'm also obsessed with weather, but that's just cos I don't like getting caught out in unexpected rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as a walker myself it takes thought to be perfectly prepared, but not burdened with extra weight.

    ReplyDelete