Monday, July 5, 2010

Things I learned on my vacation.


  1. I need more vacations.
  2. I don't need the internet.
  3. Music sounds completely different in different environments. Drive out of Sydney and listen for yourself.
  4. Merriwa is a great place to take a rest stop. It has more public toilets than it has public, plus you can buy home-made preserves and knitted things.
  5. Pianos should have a view, not face a wall.
  6. I now know how to find celestial south.
  7. Star-gazing in Coonabarabran is not ideally done in winter.
  8. I want a north-facing room with views of a lake and hills, say at Orient Point.
  9. Trail mix has an infinite number of uses in (Sam's) cooking.
  10. If you spend 2 weeks wearing track pants and eating well, expect consequences when you put your jeans on.
  11. You can fit five people and their luggage into Denise's smallish car.
  12. Dan Wilton can sing every song from Sister Act 2.

2 comments: