Friday, July 23, 2010

Shirts.

I want to buy a shirt with a collar. Not a chinese collar, but pointy flaps which fold over, because they look so nice under a jumper and elongate the neck. Real collars are not easy to find in the shops, though. And I am starting to really search, because both my white shirts (with a chinese collar) are dead. Last night I discovered that the shirt I had worn all yesterday under my cardigan and skivvy had split right up the back. Thank goodness this happened in winter.

There's a bonus tip for you though: when a shirt is getting old and thin, or has stretched out or something, you can still wear it in winter for the collar effect, under vests and jumpers. And when it dies, it is safely hidden.

Actually, what I really want is a flanny. Like wearing a pyjama top, but with cuffs to keep your arms warm. I reckon in the Eastern Suburbs it would be OK, cos I could pretend to be a hipster—the perfect disguise for a westie-born flanny wearer. I think Lowes is the only place that sells them; I shall look for one tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I got a $10 flannie from Kmart this year! And it was from the womens department (i.e. cut to womens' shape).

    ReplyDelete