Friday, December 2, 2011

Like days of phoneless yore.

"Days of yore" is my favourite saying. Also "frock". But I keep forgetting to use "nice frock" and say "that's a pretty dress" instead.

Last night there was a vague arrangement to meet a Elsie, and then D as well, at 5.30 at the Town Hall Steps. I realised on the bus that I had no phone. Also, irrelevantly, the battery was almost flat and I had no credit. That made me feel very vulnerable as I waited alone on the footpath. What if? What if! And then D arrived, in the exact same flap because her phone was also absent and flat. Elsie had her phone, but it was completely useless to her, because phones are only good for calling people whose phones are with them. So effectively, we had to meet each other with no phones, no backup plans, just like the olden days!

No comments:

Post a Comment