Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Shall I boast about what I got for Christmas?

No, it's bad taste. Also, it wouldn't impress you very much, although I enjoyed receiving them. My gifts included a tiny one-egg frying pan, my youngest sister made me some 'weekend pants', and a big luggage—the vintage honeymoon suitcase is retiring: the trip to Mudgee was exhausting for a suitcase with no wheels.

Also, from Grandma, the 2009 CWA cook book. I feel a challenge could be made from it, specifically, the sandwich recipes. There are so many sandwich recipes. I could have a different sandwich every week! Though even I, a firm believer in the truth that you can put ANYTHING between bread and enjoy it, am doubtful that I want to eat some of these sandwiches. Eventually I would have to buy tongue. I think the strangest sandwich is the "Mock Oyster Sandwich", which does not include oysters, obviously, but unobviously includes "2 sets of lambs brains". That is taking resourcefulness to the EXTREME.

But, a 'CWA Sandwich Challenge' is calling me. Would anyone like to partake? I can post the ingredients of a sandwich every week, and away we go. Or I could do it and you could just watch me.

1 comment: