Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some kind of law

I suspect there's some kind of law of physics, or of Murphy's or something, which applies to my bedroom. I'm convinced that a tidy room begets mess, which begets even more mess. I can never quite understand how my room gets so messy so quickly, especially after I've tidied it up!

It's probably because I need to put these two principles of tidying up in place:
- Put things away immediately after you use them.
- Find a home for things.

It perpetuates a cycle: I don't have a home for things -> things start to pile up -> mess -> I don't have a home for things.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I really want to have a place for everything and everything in its place, but it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After getting back from holidays recently. I've decided I've got too much stuff & I'm gonna cull. I go through this once a year & sort through my wardrobe & cupboards & be ruthless in chucking out stuff I don't wear/use anymore.

    ReplyDelete