Thursday, December 15, 2011

The cookbook goldmine will never be mine.

Apparently the 4 ingredient cookbooks have sold 4.5 million copies. Good on them! Lucky go-getters. But I'm going to rant about it anyway.

1. The ingredients aren't always raw ingredients, they are like "a packet of this instant meal thing with lots of numbers and added flavours" which isn't healthy, and sounds like cheating. I think of one ingredient as one discrete (!) thing, not a packet of lots of things in one packet.

2. If you are cooking with only 4 ingredients you shouldn't NEED a book. Just pick four things and cook them.

My favourite meal at the moment, for example, has only 2 ingredients, or 3 if you count sweet chilli sauce. Cucumber, spring rolls. Ta-da!

My other favourite meal has about 5 ingredients. Choose 2 veggies and cook them on george foreman with garlic. Serve with olive bread and olive oil. Go crazy and add fetta and avocado if you want.

I invented those meals myself. I share them with you for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment