Friday, June 15, 2012

What I did on my sick day.

Home with a nose and throat cold, I managed to achieve the following 3 gentle activities.

I machine-washed a dusty blanket and hung it on the line outside. Because it was a sunny day! I then rested by lying on the concrete in the sun under the washing line, because that is the only sun my place gets.

I cleaned mould out of the bathroom cabinet. This is part of my Spot Cleaning Regime, i've started noticing that there are lots of annoying jobs that only take 10 minutes to do, but get put off forever. Things like culling the utensils in the second kitchen drawer. Very satisfying once done, and utensils are more efficiently stored. In this case, emptying the bathroom cabinet, wiping it clean, and putting the good stuff back in. Followed by resting in the sun under the washing line again.

Finally, and I am very proud of this, I did my filing. It took a while but it was a sitting down job. I made a cup of tea, got out my black expandafile and all the bank statements and important papers that were piling up next to it, and filed. I threw out old statements, filed new ones, threw out old warrenties, filed new ones, and collected the papers and receipts to do my taxes. I am ready to do my tax BEFORE the end of the financial year! I also have a handful of paper to take to medicare, so I will make some monies out of the exercise.

What a sense of accomplishment! I still feel sick but I feel a lot more in control of my life.


2 comments:

  1. I'm only disappointed that you didn't lie in the sun under the washing line again after your filing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I think I rewatched New Girl instead, as it was cloudy.

    ReplyDelete