Friday, June 29, 2012

More on clothes shopping.

Elsie's recent shopping post and my own situation have made me realise that we have have "grown up" as far as shopping goes. We must have grown out of the sort of shopping I remember as a teenager: a big excursion to the shops with friends, browsing, buying, comparing. Now it's all about efficiency. Elsie has her backwards approach—she looks online, then targets the things she wants in the shops she likes. (Backwards because often shoppers admit that they look in shops then find a better price online). Similarly, I have also narrowed down my shopping to 2 or 3 stores, plus Myer if I have the time. No longer am I excited to go to every shop in Westfield. I rarely shop with a friend or a group. It's a cruel irony, that when I had no money shopping was exciting. Now I have a job and proper adult money and independence, but the thing I like about shopping is that I know what I want and how to access it efficiently. New clothes are always fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment