Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Effecient clothes shopping

I can't believe it's taken me this long to work out such an efficient method of clothes shopping. I guess it's because I've never really needed to build this type of work wardrobe before.

My old method would be to trawl store after store looking for something suitable. I didn't particularly enjoy it, and would avoid going shopping for clothes, unless I really had to.

Eventually, I worked out my go-to brands. My top two are are Saba and Oxford. Both of them do really good work shirts, have very good sales and if I'm pressed for time, I'll just pop into those two.  David Lawrence is a distant third, only because there's nothing really suitable for me this season, but I have picked up some very good sales from them in the past. If those options aren't working for me or I have a bit more time, I'll check out Myer, Cue, Jigsaw and Review.

My new method is to hop online and check out each brand's collection. That way you can see the entire range (not every store will have every item), see what's suitable, prices and what's on sale. So much easier than trawling through each store, and allows for easy comparison of product and price.

I still prefer to try things on and buy instore, so I'll then write down a list of what I want and head to the stores. If things are on sale, I'll ring up ahead and see if they have stock in my size (why waste time going to the shop, only to find out they don't have your size left?). If they do, and I really want it, I ask them to hold it for me. Generally, stores will say they don't hold sale items, but experience has told me they will ;)

Much more efficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment