Friday, June 1, 2012

Spotify Wagner.

I wasn't convinced about Spotify at first, because I hate a bandwagon, but now I find it is useful. It's like web streaming radio where you get to choose the songs, with occasional adds. I am listening to the Ring Cycle at work. I mean, I just want to see what it is, and I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars buying it, and I want to listen to the whole thing, not the tiny samples on iTunes, and not even Classic FM is going to play the complete Ring. So this is perfect. If I listen to an act or two a day I'll get through it in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm also finding all sorts of musical soundtracks I've never heard of.

I got curious about the Ring after listening to a Radiolab podcast about it. It's the most epic opera ever written, and I like epic things, so maybe I'll like this. It's a pity it's in German though. The language barrier really annoys me in opera.

My other favourite technology, the TV, is currently not my favourite, because the remote is broken. I'm a channel flickerer, so I have to sit on the floor within arm reach of the TV. Which inexplicably makes me feel like a kid. I've ordered a new remote online and I'm waiting. Online shopping is such a patience builder. But then it's like getting a present in the mail, so it's kind of worth it.

4 comments:

  1. I'M A FLICKERER TOO!

    It's hard living with a non-flickerer. They just don't understand. And get sad when I flick.

    hui yee

    ReplyDelete