Thursday, October 14, 2010

You know you're getting older when...

...your idea of living dangerously is flouting strata rules and hanging one item of clothing on the balcony. Or it means you don't get out enough.

Sunlight is so precious! The one thing I dislike about apartment living is not being able to dry your clothes in the sun.

It would be great if you could have an arrangement with a friend who lived in a house with ample backyard space, that on a sunny day, you BYO laundry line and get to hang some clothes out in the sun (they might need to use their own laundry line).

3 comments:

  1. We really are obsessed with laundry here.

    The sorts of older blocks of flats I've lived in usually have a washing line, but they can be in weird places. In my last place I would have had to walk down and up 60 steps, and I feared theivery.

    The place I'm in now has an outside laundry, so it's not out of the way to use the line. It is very useful for bedlinen, to spread it out in the sun. And i can sort of see the line from my kitchen window, so I don't worry about it being nicked. So if you like, you can use my new Bosch and my line! I can imagine you on the 400 bus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, surely you would need a friend who lives about 500m away and has a giant yard that's never used and a washing line that's also not used that often. hmmm, who could that friend be???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeeeee! Thanks!! I will try to remember next time I do my sheets!!

    ReplyDelete