Saturday, October 16, 2010

Nap tip

I'm not a fan of taking naps because I'm never sure that I'll be able to get up after 20 minutes. Every now and then, my 20 minute nap turns into a four hour snooze. And then I can't sleep at night, and I've lost a night's good sleep. So generally I avoid naps.

I have thought of a way of having naps and ensuring you get up out of bed: nap with a full bladder. It won't be the most comfortable nap, but you'll definitely get up. Nothing like the call of nature to rouse you from your sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like setting an alarm, because I don't fall asleep as fast during the day and I feel anxious about getting a long enough nap before the alarm goes off. Set it for 30 min and spend 25 min anxiously trying to fall asleep. I just don't nap much.

    Elsie, don't you just have dreams about trying to find a bathroom when you sleep with a full bladder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like setting an alarm because I can sleep through them! Not my morning alarm though - I seem to be able to wake up for that (before it usually).

    I've stopped having those toilet dreams funnily enough. I just wake up when nature calls :P

    ReplyDelete