Friday, October 29, 2010

Why different bananas?

There are bananas, there are lady finger bananas, there are sugar bananas. I'm not sure why we have 3 sorts of bananas, or why the smaller ones cost more. I know there are differences in apples, but I would never pay more for lady fingers, they even look less bendy and bananary. I would pay less. I resent their existence.

I just went to use the 'banana' tag, but we don't have one yet. What an oversight! There is one now. I'm going to go back and tag all our banana posts. It's hard to think of a bigger topic on this blog than bananas.

4 comments:

  1. It's because they are different types of bananas.

    Lady fingers are supposed to be sweeter, but they's got's nuthin' on those little asian sugar bananas which have really thin skin. They take all the other bananas to Banana Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget cavendish bananas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar bananas are the best! they make for good banana breads.

    ReplyDelete