Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pillows.

I make my bed every day, because an unmade bed makes the whole room look messier. I have a little bit of a messy room, mostly shoes and paper and half-worn clothes, but if I make the bed the room is half as messy! Putting away the shoes, paper and clothes would take a lot longer.

It is important to make regular chores easy. I just have to fluff the pillows, drag up the doona and throw the banana pillow on top. If I had to tuck in sheets, smooth bed-spreads, or arrange half a dozen stupid decorative cushions, bed-making would be too big a chore.

On the topic of stupid piles of pretty cushions, if you actually like them, here is my suggestion: arrange them how you like and then sew them together. Half an hour with a great big needle and you will have one big cushion which looks like a pile of little cushions, saving you minutes every day when you have to make the bed!

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the decorative cushions either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the making the bed makes the room tidier thing. Even if the rest of the room is messy, it can be forgiven as an anomaly, so long as you are proved a generally neat person because you make your bed every day. It is similar to the always take a towel theory of Ford Prefect in Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete