Thursday, March 11, 2010

A cheat's guide to hemming

If I were an accomplished lady, I would know how to play the pianoforte and hem clothing. Alas, I can do neither.

So here is my cheat's guide to hemming.

Fold hem in to appropriate length. You may want to compare your un-hemmed pair against a properly hemmed pair for the right length. Attach little pins along the hem, to hold it up.


And this is how it looks:


See! Not very noticeable at all. This should do you until you find someone to alter it for you. Or you could wear heels with all your pants.

4 comments:

  1. you funny lady!

    But you just stopped halfway. You just have to do a running stitch in black thread and it's finished, doing your own hemming is a big money saver.

    I've actually rarely hemmed a trouser, my legs must be perfectly average. So I'm not really a money saving self-hemmer.

    Love the word pianoforte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I only knew what a running stitch was and how to do one! We should run jelssie seminars on things like this (and that singles seminar we blogged about a while back).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well young Elsie you may not be a professional at hemming ( I could give you lessons for a considerable fee) but you deliver a Bible reading at church most capably.For those of us with hearing problems that is of great benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! That is so sweet of you Warren!

    ReplyDelete