Saturday, March 27, 2010

Washing sheets and apartment living

I live in an apartment and there's many things I love about it, including location and neighbours. But the one thing I really miss is having an outdoor clothes line. Sure we have a huge balcony, but we're not allowed to hang clothes out on it (lame!).

So when it comes to washing sheets, most of the time I end up throwing them in the dryer, even if it's a beautiful, sunny day outside. It just doesn't seem right.

Not having an outdoor clothes line means your living room often ends up being a makeshift laundry room: full of clothes drying racks because you're being environmentally friendly by not using the electric dryer.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my tip: don't do your washing on the weekend, when you will be at home spending time in your "makeshift laundry room". If you do it on a weekday night, you hang it up at night before you go to bed and you take it down the next day when you get home from work, and you're not really home for it to get in your way. I like my weekend to be washing-free anyway.

    ReplyDelete