Friday, March 19, 2010

Interesting things about flying and tourism. And KESC Hobart!

  • Air travel is AMAZING. Even when it's bad, it's still AMAZING compared with the alternatives. It took me 4 hours door to door, Hobart to Randwick, including check-in waiting, and catching a bus home. AMAZING! I crossed 3 states!
  • Virgin Blue had a more fun crew, and more overhead bag stowage, than Jetstar.
  • You can get cheap plane food on the last flight of the day!
  • Clouds are so much prettier from plane windows.
  • I saw actual bumble bees at Port Arthur!
  • Weather maketh the holiday. You need either perfect weather so that you can enjoy it, or excitingly bad weather so that you have stories to tell. Overcast weather is the worst.
  • I am an eating tourist. I like to eat something local and interesting at places on the way. This is quite different from my grandparents, who pack their lunches. They, however, are more likely to buy a souvenir, like a teaspoon or a teatowel or a hat. I think eating is better because it is anti-clutter, takes up no room in your luggage, and you have to eat anyway.
  • Speaking of eating, my friend Anita has started a sister challenge on Hobart's main restaurant drag, Elizabeth Street! Elizabeth Eat Street Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment