Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FAIL food.


This is not what I mean by FAIL food, but it's a pretty good photo of my brother "cooking" an O week BBQ. As you can see he chooses thin sausages.

FAIL food is: when you have to eat something which is neither
a) healthy or
b) tasty.

Other than filling you up, it is a complete waste of time, ingredients and calories. It fails to be delicious, it fails to be nutritious. Bad takeaway. Bad soup. Bad chicken schnitzel. I did a horrible chicken schnitzel once, it was a funny colour so I kept transferring it from frying pan to microwave and back, then I realised that it was supposed to be that colour. I ate it anyway.

Because I'm not a cook-book cook, I just cook up a batch of something in a pot and eat it all week. Sometimes there are spectacular successes, but tinged with the knowledge that I will never be able to cook it again because nothing was measured. Sometimes it is FAIL food, and I still have to eat it all week.

1 comment:

  1. Your little brother.being a country kid is used to cooking over an open fire but unfortunately,following a family tradition,I suspect,he has not chosen FAT sausages!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete