Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shopping efficiency.

I used to really like shopping, but there weren't many shops around and I didn't have much money. Now I have money, and I live in Sydney so there are plenty of shops, but shopping isn't as magical an experience for me. There are more fun things to do than beat through crowds to make expensive decisions in tiny mirrored rooms… staying home to do the washing, for example. So I take a quieter, even minimalist approach to shopping now.

Once I find a shop that sells something which works well, I go back there next time to save shopping around. For example, when I need sunglasses I go to Portmans. $25, nice but not blingy.

2 comments:

  1. What about markets? Do you still enjoy them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In theory markets are fun, but in Sydney they are expensive and crowded. I rarely go.

    ReplyDelete