Monday, July 27, 2009

I make my move!

Labeling posts is a good way to look back and see what rates in the lives of Jelssie. Food has so far notched up 11 posts, whereas Fitness has only 1. Please see my only other mention of fitness here, before you read on.

I am proud to announce that I woke up this morning at 6.30am, and got out of bed, and went for a 35 minute mostly jog! This is a massive leap forward, as you will see in my summary of How To Start Morning Jogging.

1. Ponder starting jogging.
2. Decide to start jogging.
3. Start going to bed earlier.
4. Start setting your alarm earlier.
5. Start waking up to your alarm.
6. Start staying awake and getting out of bed earlier.
7. Start getting out of bed when the alarm goes off.
8. Plan your route.
9. Start going to bed at night in your track pants.
10. Start jogging.

You can follow these steps methodically, or do them in spurts. I spread them out over several weeks, and then just shot ahead in a fit of motivation and did steps 7-10, so I may need to back-track.

2 comments:

  1. I love this training regime! I think the struggle is with early morning jogging I'm still at Step 1 right now, although occassionally manage Step 10 at the end of the day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to add:

    11. Take two days to recover from excrutiating stiffness.

    ReplyDelete