Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dress Theory.

I just bought a dress, after months of searching, scouring both Sydney and Melbourne. Why is buying a dress such a big deal? I believe the effort and money spent is completely worthwhile.

1. A good dress is like a good pair of jeans. With the right cut and fit, you will look great.

2. A bad dress is worse than a bad pair of jeans. You will look awful ALL OVER, not just your legs.

3. If you spend a relatively large amount of $$ on a dress, you can feel better remembering that it's like buying a shirt and a skirt. Halve the amount you spend!

4. A dress is better than a shirt+skirt, because it only takes one decision to get dressed in the morning. What a liberation.

5. A dress makes you feel fancy. In my office, it is a widely observed phenomanonom that dresses get compliments, and shirt+skirts don't.

4 comments:

  1. How can you not include a picture of this dress?? Please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my office, it is a widely observed phenomenon that compliments do not follow if I wear a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Georgina - I wanna see a picture of said dress! Can you find it online?

    I bought a denim pencil skirt from K-Mart for $15! Wooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esprit doesn't have an Australian website! I feel a bit weird putting up a photo of myself "looking great"... I'll take a picture of it on the hanger this week.

    Actually I tore the sleeve the first day I wore it, which was a bitter disappointment.

    DVM, you would definitely turn heads if you wore a dress to work.

    ReplyDelete