Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Four weddings and a...

The longer you are single, and the more weddings, wedding receptions and baby showers you attend, the more you can feel like you're always giving something nice to someone else, yet never sure you'll have the same opportunity to receive. So my friend suggested, perhaps for every four wedding receptions you go to, you should get yourself something nice.

Could you counter argue by saying for every wedding reception you go to, you get a lovely meal??

Thoughts?

Muchas gracias to Jess Jo for the inspiring title!

5 comments:

  1. I would title your post "Four Weddings and a..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: name, what a missed opportunity!

    Actually I wish I could go to some weddings. I live in a sort of romantic void.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess Jo! You are a star! Post has been renamed in your honour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy the meal at our wedding reception... if not there is some nice cake, lollies, dancing fun. Hey we might even invite you over to our place and cook you another tasty meal!

    Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon you should throw your own party and explain the people the reason and ask them nicely to help you get set up with things that people would normally get a wedding. Hey, they do it for divorce, so why not for singles?

    ReplyDelete