Friday, May 31, 2013

Frugal is as frugal does.

I'm somewhat famous for my frugal talents, delayed gratification challenges and jessenomics in general. I think, though, that this is not because I'm naturally very frugal. I don't like spending money on boring things, but who does? I do see money as worldly security, but, well, it's basically better to be secure than insecure, isn't it? And I live in the Eastern Suburbs, where my frugal looks like a real squeeze—but compared to the rest of the world I've got way too many clothes. I don't like getting blinded by the lifestyle around me.

But I also know that new clothes, music and concerts, nice food and craft things as making me happy happy happy!!! I can spend money alright. So the "frugal talents" stuff is what I have cultivated to balance things out. Really frugal people don't make a song and dance about it, they don't "Spend no money on clothes for 6 months" and then make up for it the next 6 months. They just dress like dags and cut their own hair and never go to the movies and eat homebrand cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment