Monday, June 3, 2013

Announcing jelssievision.

Tomorrow you will hopefully have a jelssievision, aka the jelssie vodcast, to watch. I have watched it about 30 times today. The quinoa bit is probably my favourite.

Our wonderful and talented and lovely friend Bec has the filming and editing skillz. She thought it would be fun to practise them on us, ie put Elsie and me in a cafe and film us talking about all random stuff. It's a little bit embarrassing because we don't filter much. But the camera-work is really pretty and Bec managed to edit out most of the actual eating. She has done an amazing job!

So now I've seen myself on camera, I realise it's really impossible to know how you look to other people. I'm apparently bossy, opinionated, condescending and nasal, about 80% of the time, and the rest of the time I'm eating. Also, wow I am a lot like my sister Heather (not saying that she is bossy etc) and nothing at all like my other siblings. How did we get so many mannerisms in common? Freaky. Oooh, it would be interesting to do a jelssievision with Heather. Anyway I'm going to be more self-aware now of condescending monologues coming out of my mouth. Not that I'm not an accurate observer.


No comments:

Post a Comment