Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Apps begone!

On Monday night, I deleted two apps that were sucking up too much of my time and I didn't like how I was using it. They were Facebook and Pinterest.

I like Facebook, but I don't love it. I didn't like how I was addicted to new stories in my feed, even if I found them boring. I spent so much time checking it wherever I was: in the lift at work, waiting for public transport and so on.

Now Pinterest, I love, I love, I love! But it was too easy to get sucked into spending a lot of time looking at interesting things.

Both of them started interfering with my sleep. It was the last thing I looked at each night, and the first thing I turned to each morning. I realised that I could delete the apps from my phone and it would stop interfering with my life. It wasn't a hard decision to make - I like deleting things. As soon as I deleted them, I felt relieved and 'appier.

That's not to say I won't be using them ever again. I might, in the future, but right now, I need a break from the apps and more sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Good work! Sounds very wise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am impressed. Elsie is excellent and getting rid of things. I'm better off not having them in the first place, I find it hard to cut back.

    ReplyDelete