Thursday, June 6, 2013

Isn't he lovely?

There's a colleague at work, of a senior position, who is just so lovely. He's polite, considerate, respectful, well-mannered and good-humoured. In terms of pecking order, I'm pretty much at the bottom, yet he speaks to me very respectfully and doesn't presume I will drop everything for him. (Actually, I know of two such men at work.)

My other colleagues and I gush regularly about how lovely he is and we share stories, "Oh, I ran into x and he did abc! He's so lovely!" or "x just said abc! Isn't he lovely!"

I'm sure one day I will be inappropriate and just blurt out, "Why are you so lovely???"

What's made him so nice? His upbringing? His personality? The cultures he's been exposed to? HIs values? How do you cultivate loveliness?

The world would be such a nicer place if we all made an effort to be lovely to one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment