Thursday, May 9, 2013

No Chocolate update.

So it's been a week. And it's been fine. Tuesday night I realised that I absolutely didn't miss chocolate at all. I had a steak for dinner that night, so I was feeling particularly satisfied I admit. It was hard to go cold turkey off having a bit of chocolate after lunch with my cup of tea, but the craving is much less now. I helped by covering the m&m jar with a plastic bag, because out of sight out of mind is true. And I weaned off evening chocolate by eating my special yoghurt/cookie sundae. On Friday night I scoffed down a little packet of chocolate filled koala biscuits, but didn't realise until afterwards that I'd been eating them for the chocolate not the koala, which is why the challenge is just about avoiding chocolate bars and blocks, not chocolate in all forms because it's so impossible to be vigilant when you are hungry and someone waves asian koala biscuits at you.

2 comments:

  1. Those sneaky koalas! Mine was a much more blatant transgression, but it was totally worth it. Whisk and Pin Desert Road which I bought as a present for my mum but actually ate half of (https://www.whiskandpin.com.au/products/chocolate-blocks/chocolaty-indulgences/desert-road). It was the most amazing thing ever (and as much like a block of Cadbury chocolate as a ballgown is to a pair of trackies).

    Um. I probably shouldn't have shared something so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice comparison!

    It's really proximity that tempts me. I'm unlikely to actually do any work for chocolate.

    ReplyDelete