Thursday, May 23, 2013

The last self help article.

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/10-resolutions-for-mental-health

John Piper's resolutions for mental health, or at least for thankfulness and appreciation. I enjoyed reading it. We'd do well to open our eyes and actually see what's around us "declaring the glories of God". Tip 7 I have doubts about, I don't remember being a "child of the pure unclouded brow, and dreaming eyes of wonder" aka Lewis Carroll; I was a child of the wooden spoon on the bottom. But maybe I should let myself be naughty more often. An inspiring example from Andrew: http://www.dailyvowelmovements.com/2013/05/the-definition-of-dropout.html

I find #5 more difficult to apply I think. "I shall not demean my own uniqueness by envy of others. I shall stop boring into myself to discover what psychological or social categories I might belong to. Mostly I shall simply forget about myself and do my work." Happy to stare at the sky, not so easy to stop reading articles online.

No comments:

Post a Comment