Friday, May 3, 2013

Shared living

Having lived in a few different shared households, it doesn't matter who you live with, there will always be something a person does that annoys you. You'll never find the perfect flatmate (though, I think someone came close once). Let's continue the thought with this conversation from jelssie:

E: "I wonder if I were married, if I'd get annoyed with my husband for all the things I get annoyed with all the housemates I've ever lived with, or whether I would just clean up after him and not care."

J: "You'd get annoyed. Everyone is annoying. Although I think it's also a part of marriage to work on not being annoyed. To love the person and serve them, and hope they serve you by not being a mess. But James Valentine does a segment on "what I live with" and couples ring up and complain about a bizarre thing their spouse does, like, never squeeze out the dish mop and leave it gross, or, puts a towel down over the bathmat to keep the bathmat dry. Both extremes are weird!"

Different people make you realise the different things you get annoyed by. I wonder which habits of mine my flatties find annoying...

No comments:

Post a Comment