Friday, May 24, 2013

Last night luxury theory.

I read a travel tip recently that a good way to be frugal and still have a refreshing/fun holiday is to be budget for most of your holiday (stay with family, backpack, public transport, eat cheap) and then go all out on the last night (restaurant food, nice hotel, taxi to airport) so that you finish on a high note. That idea suits me to the ground. I'm giving it a whirl in July when I visit Perth with D, we are staying with my sisters all week, and then the last night D found a hotel deal for the city, so we have decided to splurge and be fancy tourist ladies for the final 24 hours. We wouldn't be able to afford a week of hotels in WA by any means, and anyway the whole point is to see my sisters, so this is the perfect way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment